16 Comments Add yours

1. Magdalena Poslusna says:

Hi Karen, please where can I buy ruler base for JUKI TL-2200 QVP? Any online shop – I am from Czech Republic (Europe) . Thank you very much Magdalena

1. Magdalena, If you sen me info I will forward it to a dealer and see if they can help you.

2. Lorna,
    We do not make a ruler base for the 2010. However with the size of the base of the machine you can work with rulers without a base. Just do not use large rulers stick to rulers the size of your hand.

3. Debbie, you can work on both side as well as front to back. If you are starting out typically on the left side.

4. cathy troup says:

I’m not sure I fully understand the above responses about ruler work. Do Sew Steady rulers work for the Juki TL 2200 QVP-S on all sides of the foot (360 degrees)? I really want to purchase this machine, but rulers must work easily and on all sides of the foot. Thanks so much for answering this question. I LOVE my TL 2010Q.

1. Cathy,
      Longarm rulers from all brands will work with the TL2200 QVP

2. Hazel Walker says:

The solid foot that came with QVP-S does not work on all sides. I.e., the left side has an angled bar that may prohibit rulers from sliding easily. When querying Juki, it was recommended to file this. Ha, not so easy. And I do not keep tools around to do this with.

still waiting for Juki to provide data on a new ruler foot attachment tgat addresses this. Or at least give responses to all who query.

1. Hazel,
        When the foot is set at the correct height rulers fit around each side. Some people prefer to not have the hump and have used tooling to remove part of the hump.

5. Can you use the Juki ruler base with the QVP-s when used with the table instead of as a longarm?

1. Darlene,
      If your longarm is in the sit down table a ruler base is not needed. We do offer an overlay for the sit down which will reduce friction between the table and fabric and also give you a more even surface for your ruler work.

1. Hazel Walker says:

What is the part number. For this overlay? Does NOT Show up on Juki.com that I can find?

2. TL2200Overlay is the part number. Your local dealer can order it for you.

6. Laurel says:

Are there pictures or installation instructions somewhere for the ruler base? I bought the juki ruler base from Moore Sewing in California and there is NO WAY that ruler base will fit on my Juki QVP 2200. I’ve talked to the store multiple times and they keep telling me the “part must be right”. The ruler base won’t even fit under my quilting foot and the magnets are scratching the table. Allbrands online shows a different ruler base than Moore sold me. What does the correct one look like? Please help – I really want to try ruler work!

1. Can you send a picture of your ruler base to me at karen.juki@gmail.com?

Karen

7. Ginny says:

What rulers were used? What setting is used?

1. Hi Ginny,
      We used our Juki Longarm Rulers. I am working on getting info for those up this week.
      When doing ruler work we most often use precise so we can stop with the needle down to re-position the ruler.