Juki Long Arm Retreat 2018

Juki Longarm Consumer Training 2018

Juki QVP Logo

New Training Details

Basic Training Price    3 days  $595.00
Lunches and snacks included each day.
Group dinner on evening of day 2.

If customer does not own Quilt Motion, Day 1-2 is $400.00.

Day 1-2 Overview: Set up, basic machine maintenance, LCD screen operation, loading a quilt, tension, threads, batting, free motion, marking your quilts, quilt rulers, blocks, borders and panto’s, laser work and more.

Day 3 Basic Quilt Motion

Advanced Training Price     4 days  $695
Lunches and snacks included each day.
Group dinner on evening of day 2.

Session Days 1-2 $400
Session Days 3-4  $400.00

Day 1-2  Overview: Free motion, fills, feathers, micro-quilting, advanced ruler work, and putting it all together in your quilt design.

Day 3-4 Advanced Quilt Motion

New Dates and Places for Juki Owners Longarm Consumer Training

OC Sewing Vacuum – Basic Training
13071 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92843

May 2,3,4 2018

Please contact Yelinda@Juki.com for complete details and application.  Classes will be limited in size.

141 Comments Add yours

1. I love my QVP2200Juki . Are there any tutorial videos especially ruler use?

1. HI
      We will be working on ruler videos Soon.

Thanks,

2. YMalek says:

Are the retreats for Long-arm sit-down machine or the frame?

1. Our Consumer Training is focused for the Longarm on the Frame.

3. Tami says:

Any news on more classes for 2017? I am also in Washington State, willing to travel, but Miami is so so far away!

1. We will schedule a training on the West coast this year. I hope to have dates soon please keep checking in.

4. Diane Sneed says:

are these dates for 2017? If so, I would like to sign up for the Miami Fl classes. I just purchased a Juki QVP 2200 and am feeling a little overwhelmed.

1. We will be posting 2017 dates Soon

5. I would like a class or retreat in Washington State, in 2017. I know it would fill up fast. Thanks,

6. Stephanie says:

Just wondering when 2017 dates might be posted?

1. Stephanie,
      I plan to gets dates posted around mid-Dec.

7. Jean Jasinski says:

Does anyone have a photo of their Right Start leaders installed? It seems odd to have the longest leader on the takeup and the shortest on the quilt top. I am also struggling with where the printed side should face.

1. Jean
      We put the longer leader on the take up bar so that it is easier to reach the leader to pin your backing as it comes under the idler rail.

8. Kim says:

Is this the 2016 schedule or 2017? Putting year dates would be very helpful for us that need to plan far in advance. Thanks.

1. Kim,
      The current posting are for 2106. I have not yet begun to post for 2107

9. Ruthie Watt says:

What are the dates and locations for upcoming Juki long arm three day training? I am in central WI.

1. Ruthie,
      For this year we have the Phoenix area and just added the Chicago area. I will post remaining dates for everyone.

10. lynne says:

I have been quilting with my 2200QVP for 4 years and today, since I need to get this quilt finished, the buttons on the handles decided not to work. It would not shut the machine off. Any suggestions?

1. Lynne,
      Please check all your connections, especially the one on the top left behind the foot lifter. If this continues please contact your dealer.

11. Gina says:

I have a juki qvp2200 sit down version. I have tension problems constantly and would love to come to a class on the machine. I live in Colorado and the closest dealer is 4 hours away. Please let me know if you ever do training on the sit down machine? I feel so frustrated right now. I know the Az class in Oct is full but if there are cancellations, I would love to know IF the longarm class would help?
    Thank you. Gina

1. Gina,
      The Longarm Consumer training mostly covers the use with the Frame. Do you have a TOWA tension gauge? This tool can alleviate a great deal of frustration with tension settings.

12. Kathy Davis says:

My new sit down Juki has a problem. The touchscreen works when the machine is turned on but after quilting a few minutes, it ceases to respond to touch anywhere on the screen. It will only work again after turning the machine off and turning it back on again. I just spoke to another owner that has the same issue.

1. Kathy,
      I am sending your email to our Tech, you should hear from him shortly.

13. Tina Adams says:

Will you be having any classes for the Juki TL2200 QVP any time soon in the Northeast? ME, MA, NH? I just purchased this machine and really want to get a better hand on how to run the machine. Also what do you recommend for thread, I have been told to use 40 Wt. 100% Cotton and 40 Wt. Polyester? Which is better?

1. Tina,
      It will be after the 1st of the year before there will be any Consumer Training in the Northeast.
      I do use both 40wt cotton and poly. Both should work fine.

14. Cindy says:

Any idea when you will be back in the Atlanta area.

1. It will be next year (although that is not so far away) before we return to the Atlanta area.

15. dooniebopper@yahoo.com says:

What year is this schedule for? Is the 2017 calendar available?

1. We are currently working on adding to our 2016 schedule

16. Sherri says:

Hello, I am looking forward to going to a longarm retreat in the near future to learn more about the TL-2200QVP. Would you know specifically which TOWA bobbin gauge works with the longarm? Is it the one for class M bobbins? Is the digital model for class M bobbins also an option? Sherri

1. Sherri,
      The M style TOWA is what will work. We do not find the upper tension Digital models work well with our machines.

17. Larry Chronister says:

Hi Karen, any plans for the Juki training in Arizona? Like Tucson or Phoenix? I really would love to see that happen! We have no dealer training or support here! In fact seems my dealer carries everything for the Babylock 😦
    Barbara

1. We are hoping to have training in the Phoenix area in the fall.

18. Charlotte says:

No, but I have thought about getting one & now I will, thanks

Charlotte

19. Charlotte Campbell says:

I have had my Juki 2200 since Dec and I am still having problems with the top thread making little nests on the back of my quilts. Sometimes I can feel when it happens during sewing but other times it feels great but when I look at the back of my quilt just looks awful. This is not just occasionally but very often. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to help. My machine is mounted as a sit down on a table if that matters.

Pulling my hair out, weeping & gnashing of teeth!! Can any have any suggestions?

Charlotte

1. Charlotte,
      I think this could be a tension issue. Not yours 😉 but the machine.
      Do you happen to own a TOWA gauge for measuring your bobbin tension.

20. foxlady59 says:

Hi Karen
    I am having a love hate relationship right now with my Juki Qvp 2200 Longarm. I was at the Temecula training so I did learn a bit but I definitely have a long way to go. Lol
    I am fighting with tension which I know is very common amongst longarmers.
    The first mistake I made was not marking the beginning of my row on my quilt…big mistake. Now I haven’t been able to line the pattern back up to finish the row that’s 3/4 of way done😰
    I took a few days off. To get my second wind and try to figure it out. But I know in time I will learn. Any suggestions for solving my tension issues? Can I just start the 2nd row without knowing where the mark should be?
    Thanks for everything you do to help us all.
    Margie Fox

1. Margie,
      Did you get a TOWA gauge for setting your bobbin case tension>
      Can you tell me what thread you are running

21. Sharon says:

Was wondering if u have any classes near Cabot, AK

1. Sharon,
      Sorry, we do not have plans for AK at this time.

2. Joyce says:

Sharon, Are you in Arkansas or Alaska? I am also in Arkansas and working with a TL2200 QVP, but having issues at present. Would like to talk with someone who is more knowledgeable about this wonderful machine.

Joyce

1. Sharon,
        Please email Brian Debrick Brian@juki.com with your machine questions.

Liked by 1 person

22. Kim says:

Hi. Do you have any juki virtuoso classes at the end of July early August?

1. Kim,
      I will have Buffalo, NY and Lansing Michigan in July. Posting dates for those soon.

23. Deborah Pentek says:

Thank you for the great class at Linda Z’s sewing center! I am so happy with my Juki 2200 purchase and can’t wait to start using it! Thank you for the great demo on everything!

24. Melanie Moore says:

What is/are the dates for the Advanced robotics class at the Miami Headquarters in May?

1. Melanie,
      Advanced robotics is the 25th and 26th of May.

25. We, my hubby and I both attended Karens Juki class in Temecula CA.
    I learned so much.
    And Denny attended to become familiar with the mechanical aspect of the machine. Surprise he love quilting and became good at free motion, especially drawing motorhomes.
    We are both registered for the May 2017 Advanced Class in Miami.
    Recently called Quality Sew n Vac about us giving beginning classes in Washington.
    Juki, Karen, Kris
    Dona n Denny
    Sew Happy Day

26. Donna says:

I have had my long arm for about one year and could stumble through getting to the areas that I needed to but had the opportunity to attend the classes in Temecula.
    I learned so much with Karen and Chris.They are not only outstanding teachers but are funny to boot. And yes Karen the tape seems to have fixed the problems so far. Thank You!

27. Nicol Sargent says:

Do you have more classes scheduled for Miami? I just bought a new Juki but I can’t attend the may event.

1. Nicol,
      If not in Miami there will most likely be another in Florida. I am sorry I don’t have dates yet.

Liked by 1 person

28. norma studer says:

hw do i get in the june class at Norfolk ?

29. Lisa says:

I purchased a longarm in March at the Quilt show in Hampton, Va. Can I attend on just June 7th, because I am going out of town on June 8th?

1. Lisa,
      Yes, that should be fine. Just please do let Yelinda know by email yelinda@juki.com so she has you listed.

30. DEBI CROCKER says:

Just got home from Atlanta. Wonderful classes, wonderful instructors, wonderful place to play. Easy to learn. I have fixed the issues I was having. Now she is purring along!! I played on a sandwich that was missing batting on one corner, and the stitches are excellent top and bottom! And that was with Isocord that previously was shredded faster than I could thread the needle. I ran it top and bottom. She will run anything If it did thaqt with Isocord! Gotta change the name to Kitty. Everyone needs to get to these classes! just the relief of knowing what to do for what issue is worth it. better than a shrink any day. I’m LOVIN’MY JUKI!

Liked by 1 person

1. Aileen says:

Debi Crocker – I would love to know what your fix was. My quilt shop only sells Isacord thread, I can not use it on the juki, is breaks constantly. Now it seems as if every thread is breaking. I am getting frustrated. Can you tell me what you did to adjust?

1. Aileen,
        Do you have a TOWA gauge for checking your bobbin tension?
        What threads are you running?
        Be happy to help with your tension.

31. Debi c says:

Horray! New retreat!! Thank you!!!!!

32. Jamie kelley says:

New owner in search of any information.

1. Posted for March in Atlanta, Will soon post for Apr in California.

33. Kitty Mareschi says:

Karen – it was nice meeting you at last week’s Road to CA. I am leaning towards the QVP sit down version. Not sure when but I am now activitely searching for a Dealer who can also
    provide efficient service. My MO1000 Serger issues were resolved; Elbert Shirley is awesome. Thanks again for letting me test drive the Juki TL2200QVP.

34. Annie Lohman says:

West coast version? I am daigonal from you almost to the border of British Columbia! And in 2016?

1. We are working on training on both the east and west coast as well as central US.

2. jaratcliff says:

I, too would love to see a west coast version as I am in Oregon.

1. We will be in California for Apr. Will post detailed dates later this week.

35. Pam Jernigan says:

Just finished the November 2015 training in Florida! What an awesome experience for me and the other ladies in the class. Karen and Chris, you were so knowledgeable, not only on the long-arm, but quilting and sewing in general. You kept the class moving and very interesting and informative. I came home feeling like I could use my machine without being terrified of it! I have been playing all afternoon and evening.

1. Pam,
      We love our students and are always happy to hear when you go home and start Quilting !!

36. Mary says:

Thank you, Thank you Karen and Pat! The training in Miami was informative and fun! I now have the tools to get started on long arming on the Juki! I can’t sing enough high praise for the Juki Company…..their dedication to their customers, their generosity with training, meals, gifts, etc…AND the awesome Juki TL2200 QVP! I received a nice large Juki badge in my gift bag and I will be wearing it to the AQS Des Moines show starting tomorrow so I can tell everyone who asks how much I love Juki. See you at the Show (Chris)!
    Mary P
    Ankeny, IA

37. Yolanda, thank you for your response. I will print and take your input to Management. I do not in any way find it negative or oppositional. Juki does indeed understand the needs and desires of the customer and always wants to do more. While we have thought about filming the actual class we think it would be better, as you said, to re-create the class agenda and film each segment. We have three more classes this year, due to high demand we have added from 4 to 5. Once these are complete I truly hope you will begin to see more videos. I also hope to begin to work on some short video’s of my Longarm and fill in as I can. Juki does truly appreciate our customers input.

1. Yolanda Robinson says:

Here is a comment that I made almost a year ago. Has there been any progress?

1. Yolanda,
        Juki is committed to conducting 12-16 training sessions across the country this year in an effort to give our customers an opportunity for hands on training.

2. jaratcliff says:

Hmmmm! Looks like no real answer. Disappointing.

3. Jane,
        I am trying to follow the thread to see what you are disappointed in. Is it wanting training on the west coast?
        Juki just completed training in California Apr. We hope to get back to the west coast again later in the year I do not however have dates currently booked. We are trying to rotate around the country. I am also working on Arizona, Colorado and hopefully Washington.

38. Yolanda Robinson says:

What about filming the classes while they are in session? Or re-creating the classroom situation and filming that? This way you could get something out there pretty quickly for the customer. I think that you would find that the return of investment of training dollars would translate into a very significant increase in customer satisfaction which would in turn translate into customer retention and new customer acquisition. In this social media world that we now live in, both positive and negative customer comments are communicated wide and far at incredible speed.. It is far easier and more cost effective to meet the customers expectations than it is to try to go all over the internet trying to “police” them. While it is a good thing that you have added the classes and are thinking about webinars and videos, it should be remembered that many of your customers (like myself) have owned our machines for a long time. I personally bought mine at a Quilt Show way back when they first came out from a dealer (the closest to me) whose store is 2 hours away. She has given me NO support whatsoever. I am saying all of this with an honest desire to communicate how much education is needed and with the hopeful expectation that you will be my (and others) voice to the directors of your company. It is my hope that you read this message in the spirit in which I have written it. I do not want to be negative or oppositional in any way. There are a lot of things that I like about the Juki. With training, there would probably be a lot more. But, I must be honest. If I had known at the time of purchase what I know now about the level of support that I would receive after the sale, I would have chosen another long arm machine. That being said, I hope that my opinion changes in the future and that I am able to recommend the Juki 2200 to others with full confidence that they will be happy with their purchase.

39. Belinda Bashore says:

Are there any dates projected for the winter months yet? I bought my Juki at the Lakeland show last March and will be in FL for the winter months again this year. I would like to sign up early before spaces are all taken.
    THank You.
    Belinda B

1. Belinda,
      We will be looking at dates soon. We have not set any quite yet but continue to follow and I will post them.

40. Yolanda Robinson says:

I have been wondering if there are plans to add additional educational opportunities for those of us who have purchased the Juki longarm machine but cannot attend a class? I do not think it unreasonable for us to expect to have training videos, webinars and the classes. I took the opportunity to go to many of the other companies that sell longarm machines to see what they offer. HQ, APQS,TIN LIZZIE,Babylock, Bernina, Gamilll. ALL of them have numerous videos, webinars and classes. I know that I am not alone in this. If you were to do a survey of all the owners, I am certain that the vast majority feel that they have not received adequate training and that they have been left to figure it out on their own.

1. Yolanda,
      We began with our get started videos and have added our 4 Training sessions. The consumers who have attended have been very pleased. We will continue to add support with more videos and we are discussing webinars as well. Classes will continue in 2016.

41. Marilyn Kennelly (Corvallis, OR) says:

Hi-How do you sign up for classes and retreats? Thanks

42. Quyless Force says:

Made application for Fall Classes. Anxious to receive confirmation. Have new longarm and am excited to get my quilts quilted, but would like more instructions on machine.

43. Ginny says:

When are the fall classes? The ad in the AQ magazine said Sept 23-25? Is that still the plan?

44. The May retreat was exceptional! Not only was the group of longarmers from around the continental U.S. and Hawaii warm and personable, but all shared at the classroom table making the 3 day interactive session an invaluable learning environment. It was wonderful to share experience, talents and tricks with such an inspirational high energy group. The Juki Headquarters staff really reached out to make a group of strangers instantly bond and roll up our sleeves to get right to mastering the basics of the Juki Longarm machine. Karen and Pat were spot on their game, and all attendees were able to get the mechanics and logistics of taming our QVP2200’s in no time. Karen and Pat taught so much, including basic machine care, mechanics, great techniques, and tips…… very inspirational! Tension, both top and bottom, threads, needles, maintenance, trouble shooting, ruler work, frame loading…..they really covered it all! Thank you again Karen, Pat, Brian & Stephania for making such a memorable learning experience. New friendships were created, and the Juki Ambassadors were born!

45. jeandmaynard says:

Hope all who attend the retreat have a grand time. I also wish there was more on this blog.

1. Uploading pictures from my camera and video. Working on info to post on the blog.

46. Jan Becherer says:

Hi, I bought the Longarm at the Lakeland Quilt Show Expo in March. I have been waiting to find out when the May class in Miami was to be…..now I understand it is full. I would like to sign up for the June 10 -12 class.
    Please let me know what I need to do to sign up, what accommodations are available, and exactly where it is.
    I CAN’T WAIT!!
    Thank you so much.

1. Jan,
      The May class is coming up on May 20-22. If it is not too soon I believe we have one spot open. The next session is June 10-12.
      Please contact Stephania at Juki Headquarters 305 594 0059 ext 157

Thanks,

47. Laurie says:

Thrilled to be invited, visiting from Seattle, Washington! Let’s get this machine moving!

48. Barbara Hayford says:

Where are these classes held? I bought a Juki and live in PA.

1. Barbara,
      The classes are held at the Juki Home Sewing Headquarters in Doral Fl.

49. karenross63 says:

Looking forward to seeing you there and learning a lot from you and the other educators.

50. May class is Filling Quickly !!